What is a website mockup?
A website mockup is a non-functional, visual representation of your web pages and how your website will look when it's complete
It is usually a high-fidelity wireframe (HiFi) that looks like a screenshot of a website, but sometimes a low-fidelity wireframe (LoFi) that outlines the major elements is all you need.
A website mockup typically includes:
- the main layouts for the website
- page elements like buttons, header, and footer
- brand guidelines for colors and fonts
- content placements for text and images
A website mockup does NOT include:
- a layout for every single page
- final copy/text, images, or video
- interactive menus
- animations or sliders
- clickable buttons or links
- pop-ups or other interactive elements